10 Most Common Queries
- The cost of the course is £295.00. Paypal is used to provide a secure payment facility; though any major debit or credit card can also be used . There is a currency converter on the registration page to assist coaches outside the UK.
- On successful completion of the course you will be emailed a certificate to frame; a Certificate in Golf Psychology Coaching, with your name and date of completion. You can put this qualification on any promotional literature you use (e.g. business cards/leaflets). You can also use the certificate for logging CPD activity as a PGA of GB&I member.
The course is defined by the PGA of GB&I as Formal Learning. “Structured, organised learning that is educational in nature and has predefined learning objectives and outcomes. Formal learning typically has some type of assessment or reflection and may come in the form of seminars, workshops, qualifications, distance or online learning, and courses”.
- It is anticipated the course will take you between 25-30 hours to complete. This includes all online reading, practical activities and tests.
- The course has 3 sections; Motivation and Assessing Needs, Mental Skills for Golf, and Techniques to Coach. Each section contains a mixture of learning outcomes, online reading, practical activities to complete with a player, and a multiple choice test.
- The 40+ practical activities are contained within PDF files that you can download and print off. These activities will require you to work closely with a player/players of your choice. This is where you get to apply the knowledge gained in the course. You can use these practical activities again and again after the course has been completed.
- There is a multiple-choice test at the end of each section that requires you to achieve 70% in order to progress to the next section. There are 25 questions in each test where each question requires you to select one answer from five possible choices. If you fail a test, the programme will give you feedback on which questions were answered incorrectly. You have a maximum three attempts at each test.
- You have a maximum of one year to complete the course from the date of enrolment. If for any reason you need extra time, you need to contact the course tutor.
- If you experience any technical difficulties with the course or wish to discuss any content issues you should contact the course tutor via the contact form (not the PGA)
- You will be asked to complete a short survey regarding your experience on the course at completion.